Privacy & Security
1. The United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration web site, www.vietnamwar50th.com, is provided as a public service in compliance with DoD Web Policies and Guidelines and DoD Principles of Information.
2. Information presented on the Vietnam War Commemoration is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. Privacy Act Advisory - If you choose to provide us with personal information (ex. filling out a Contact Us form with e-mail and/or postal addresses) we only use that information to respond to your message or request. We will only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations. We do not collect information for commercial marketing. While you must provide an e-mail address or postal address for a response other than those generated automatically in response to questions or comments that you may submit, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers. The Social Security Administration offers additional guidance on sharing your Social Security number.
4. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This website uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.